Thursday, November 13, 2008

Two weeks til Denver!

I had a blood draw earlier this week and my estradiol level was 60. Yay-they wanted it to be over 50. So, looks like we are on track. I've moved on to the 2 patches every other day part of the FET regimen. Doing okay with the change thus far...

Today is exactly 2 weeks from Thanksgiving and when we leave for Denver. Yippee! I'm excited and scared at the same time.

Finally, I'm adding a poll regarding our ability to find out the sex of the embryos. Because we did micro-array genetic testing, we are able to know the sexes of our transferred embryos as soon as the FET is complete. Steve and I are not able to come to an agreement on what we want to know at the time of transfer. So I would like to know what you girls would do if you were in this situation. Would you find out the sexes at transfer if they were your embryos?


Lisa said...

YAY for 2 weeks til Denver!!! Things are moving so fast and I can't wait to hear your BFP soon. All the CGH girls are getting such great results, and I'm sure you will be another success!!

And heck ya, I would SOOOO want to know the sex!

Lorraine said...

Two more weeks must seem like nothing compared to how far you've come for this cycle! I'm so hoping that it all works out perfectly for you.

I voted YES for the finding-out, because there are so many unknowns in this process - it seems like it would be nice if you can have something real to hang your hopes on. I always feel like there are enough "surprises" (like "surprise! you're infertile!") already, plus if somebody else in the process knows - doctors, nurses - then I would want to know, too.

Lost in Space said...

I am so excited that it almost time for you to go back to Denver, Jill!!! You have really waited a long time for this and this has been one of the longest cycles ever, huh? (;

To answer your question, I would so want to know because we have really waited long enough. Okay, and partially because it is one thing I could do that a fertile couldn't. LOL.

mrs_clink said...

Hi Jill!
I'm so excited for you!!!!

I voted "no" for finding out immediately following transfer.... we opted not to b/c I felt like if the cycle failed I would be even more upset knowing I had lost 2 potential sons - or daughters - or one of each - or whatever. It was just a matter of self preservation.

However.... once I had a confirmed pregnancy and heartbeart I did ask :) Even though we did PGD for a single gene defect they still looked at chromosomes as well :) It turned out to not be great information though.... since it turns out we put back 1 male and 1 female and I'm pregnant with a singleton :)

Guess we're finding out later like everyone else.

hannah (&ben)

DAVs said...

You can do two weeks standing on your head at this point :)
Glad it's all looking so great for you!

Leah said...

YAY!!! 2 weeks. Can't wait to read all about it.

I voted yes for the finding out.

Did you say how many you are putting back?

Seriously? - Erin said...

Time seems to be moving pretty quickly. I hope Denver brings you great things!

I don't think I would want to know, but it is really neat that you could!

Emily said...

2 weeks?!?! This really has been the longest cycle ever, but you are so close now! I am so excited for you to head out to Denver and bring your embies home.

I vote "no" for all the reasons we discussed, but I, too am amazed by the science!

Thanks again for making my day yesterday!

Karen said...

Hi Jill!!! I can't believe you are two weeks away and four from being a mommy!!!!! I am so thrilled and excited for you.

hopeful #1 said...

Wow, what a great thing for you two! It's great to know that you are finally approaching this step!

As for finding out, SURE, I would! It would make it easier to plan and I think it would be neat to experience that!

Thinking of you!

Steph said...

I voted yes, but here are my thoughts. You know that I am all for finding out the sex of babies. It makes it easier to prepare and I found that it was easier for me to bond with both of my boys once they had a name and I could start picturing them. However, if you want to make this process feel a little more "normal," whatever that is, you may want to wait until later when other people usually find out. One of my arguments for finding out as soon as I possibly can (with Trevor it was 16 weeks because we had some complications and an early ultrasound) is that I can't imagine the thought of an ultrasound tech (or nurse, or lab technician, or whatever) knowing the sex of my baby and me not knowing. Also, I hate secrets. I can see the self-preservation argument, but I just don't want you to have to think in those terms. I have such a hopeful feeling for you. Love you!

Chelle said...

I am SO excited for you!!! I would love to have known the sex of the embies put in... I say find out!!

Sky said...

You'll be pregnant in 2 weeks! Expect it!

As for knowing gender, unless you're going to wait for delivery, why not?

Heather said...

Good luck!!!

And I would rather not know the sex at the time of transfer. If they all didn't take, when I'd find out later, I'd be thinking of the sons or daughters that didn't stick. I will want to know from ultrasounds later! When I had our 8 year old daughter I had to have amniocentisis and we found out the gender from that.

Penny said...

I think: don't find out. It's too much information even if just one of those embryos doesn't make it. You'll always wonder about "that little boy (or girl) that never was".

I'd think it'd be too heartbreaking.

It snowed here today! Better remember your boots.

Polly Gamwich said...

2 weeks will get here before you know it!!

So, can they tell you the sex later, or can you only find out after transfer or never?

I voted Yes, btw.

Jen said...

Hi there - woo hoo - you are on your way. I can hardly believe it's nearly here.
As for finding out the genders - I dunno. On one hand I would totally want to know. On the other hand, if even one didn't make it, it would be very hard for me because it would be a he or a she, with a name and everything. So I think I'm on the fence on this one. Though I'd probably cave and want to know.

shawna said...

Since Christy proved that Halloween was lucky, I am sure that that applies to all fall holidays. Good Luck! I am so excited for you.

M. said...

I know that time hasn't flown for you, but I can't believe how fast these weeks have gone -- I'm literally on pins and needles about your trip to Denver!!

I voted no on knowing the sex -- although that's completely not in keeping with the fact that we found out the sex of our twins. I never promised to make sense :)

MamaSoon said...

2 weeks more! This is very exciting. I think we'll just miss each other out there. But I am happy to follow in your footsteps. Your cycle has gone on like a dream, let's keep it going.

I voted No. I personally only want to know the sex of an almost certain pregnancy. You know how they can tell you at 20 weeks or whatever. I'll do it then. But whatever makes you happy. I'd ask them to keep in my chart. I might peak at 15 weeks. hee hee.

Lorrie said...

Best of luck, Jill! Hope these next two weeks quickly pass.

Beth & Brian said...

The time will fly! I can't wait to hear the good news to come in!

Just Me. said...

Woo-hoo to 2 weeks!! Am so happy for you!!!

Oh gosh, yes, I'd love to know. I've had too much suspense in this whole IF shit. :)

beth said...


I wouldnt find out sex,...we have so much fun going back and forth about if its a girl or boy!

I can not believe how close your FET is!!!! I know to you two it much feel like an eternity....Stay busy it will fly by! Do all the heavy liFting you can this week since it wiLL be a FABBBBB 40 weeks before you can AGAIN!!!!!!hahahahah

All my prayers are with you TWO!!!!!!!

Me said...

If we ever manage to get pregnant I will be staunchly team green for the entire pregnancy. However, if we were going to find out at all, I'd go ahead and do it after transfer. :)