Lilypie

Sunday, May 11, 2008

I've been tagged!!!

My blog friend Jen (Blog: "Maybe If You Just Relax") has tagged me for this meme (don't know what that is). But, I am completing this little exercise in getting to know me better. One word about Jen--she is so cool that she's been chosen by Redbook to blog for their "Infertility Diaries." Check her out--she's so funny and awesome!

4 Things I did 10 years ago: (1998)
1. Education: Big year for me--I graduated from college! Yeah!! I completed my Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree at the University of Kentucky. I also was my class valedictorian. :-) Such a nerd.
2. Career: I began a relatively short career (2 years) as a Surgical ICU Nurse. I loved it! I liked the complexity of the patients I cared for--all the lines, tubes, pumps, etc. It was such an adrenaline rush for me. Good times.
3. Travel: I went to the Bahamas for Spring Break with some girlfriends. We were very tame, but came home all nice and brown.
4. Relationships: I broke up with a guy I had dated all throughout college 1 month before I graduated. I loved him like a brother, which wasn't great in hindsight. No sparks! I began dating the first guy I ever truly loved in July of that year. We had a great relationship but never married. And I learned my lesson from before: there were lots of sparks with him!! We dated for 4 years, I moved to Florida with him, only to move back to Kentucky a few years later alone, but back near my family and friends.

4 Things I did 5 Years Ago: (2003)
1. Friendships: This is what really got me through 2003. I love my girlfriends!! We hung out every weekend (and lots of week days, too) and partied pretty hard. Partying came to me much later than most. I really didn't start until my mid to late 20s...
2. Career: Moving on up...I was promoted to Institutional Healthcare Representative with my new company, Pfizer. And, even though I no longer work there, I met lots of great people who I consider to be close friends of mine today!
3. Events: Went to my first all out Derby weekend: Kentucky Oaks with Millionaire's Row tickets, Barnstable Brown Party, and the Kentucky Derby with my boyfriend. We had so much fun! Boyfriend and I finally called it quits later that year, but I still consider him to be one of my best friends. And, Steve really likes him too, which makes things great!
4. Health/Diet: I could still eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it. Age=27. I did work out pretty often at the gym, but when I think of all of those cosmopolitan martinis and glasses of wine I consumed daily, I don't know that it really balanced out. Gosh to be skinny again...

4 Things I did yesterday:
1. Continued my bedrest. Watched lots of shows and took a couple of naps. It was wonderful!
2. Went to a wedding where Steve was the Best Man last night. It brought back lots of memories from our own wedding almost 2 years ago, so that was nice.
3. Danced with Steve. Slow. Since I was technically supposed to be taking it easy, I only was able to slow dance. Kinda stinks--since I love to dance. I felt like I was back in 7th grade. LOL
4. Prayed that my embabies continue growing and developing. I want you guys to make it so badly!

4 Shows I love to watch:
1. Grey's Anatomy. Although Meredith is really starting to get on my nerves!
2. The Office. I love this show. Best comedy on TV IMO.
3. Brothers and Sisters. They are currently doing a great job with the IVF story.
4. Jon & Kate Plus 8. This show scares me, but I also find their kids to be very cute. :-)

4 Things I love to do:
1. Read. I don't get to do it as much as I would like. I look forward to summer time and vacations as I always get to read more at those times.
2. Walk outside with my dog, Sonny. He loves it and I like to do things for him that make him so happy. :-)
3. Talk to my family and friends. I love to talk. I'm a Gemini. It's my nature.
4. Remember others birthdays. I think it's so nice to be remembered on your day. Not a holiday. But your day. I think others appreciate me remembering.

This was a lot of fun!!

I tag (if you see this post and want to play): Emily, from "No Expectations Except a Baby"; Christi, from "Our Journey"; and Megan, from "Lawyers Do Not Eat Their Young".

5 comments:

Jen said...

Wow - am blushing over here! :)
How cool to get to know more about you (you know, aside from your reproductive tract)!

We should swap book recommendations since we both love to read.

Let's hope your 2ww zooms by and has a very very happy ending!!

Christi said...

Love the blog entry for today! I'm going to try to do this being that you've tagged me! But, this may require thought and take a few days... 10 years ago, geesh

M. said...

I'll totally play along, Jill! And it is kind of cool to get to know each to other (as jen said) beyond our most intimate details :)

Emily said...

That was fun! Thanks for tagging me! I think it was my first blog that doesn't mention IF once!

poppy.f.seed said...

great entry. I, too, am enjoying the way brothers and sisters writers are dealing with IF. Clearly one of them has been through it!