My blog friend Jen (Blog: "Maybe If You Just Relax") has tagged me for this meme (don't know what that is). But, I am completing this little exercise in getting to know me better. One word about Jen--she is so cool that she's been chosen by Redbook to blog for their "Infertility Diaries." Check her out--she's so funny and awesome!
4 Things I did 10 years ago: (1998)
1. Education: Big year for me--I graduated from college! Yeah!! I completed my Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree at the University of Kentucky. I also was my class valedictorian. :-) Such a nerd.
2. Career: I began a relatively short career (2 years) as a Surgical ICU Nurse. I loved it! I liked the complexity of the patients I cared for--all the lines, tubes, pumps, etc. It was such an adrenaline rush for me. Good times.
3. Travel: I went to the Bahamas for Spring Break with some girlfriends. We were very tame, but came home all nice and brown.
4. Relationships: I broke up with a guy I had dated all throughout college 1 month before I graduated. I loved him like a brother, which wasn't great in hindsight. No sparks! I began dating the first guy I ever truly loved in July of that year. We had a great relationship but never married. And I learned my lesson from before: there were lots of sparks with him!! We dated for 4 years, I moved to Florida with him, only to move back to Kentucky a few years later alone, but back near my family and friends.
4 Things I did 5 Years Ago: (2003)
1. Friendships: This is what really got me through 2003. I love my girlfriends!! We hung out every weekend (and lots of week days, too) and partied pretty hard. Partying came to me much later than most. I really didn't start until my mid to late 20s...
2. Career: Moving on up...I was promoted to Institutional Healthcare Representative with my new company, Pfizer. And, even though I no longer work there, I met lots of great people who I consider to be close friends of mine today!
3. Events: Went to my first all out Derby weekend: Kentucky Oaks with Millionaire's Row tickets, Barnstable Brown Party, and the Kentucky Derby with my boyfriend. We had so much fun! Boyfriend and I finally called it quits later that year, but I still consider him to be one of my best friends. And, Steve really likes him too, which makes things great!
4. Health/Diet: I could still eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it. Age=27. I did work out pretty often at the gym, but when I think of all of those cosmopolitan martinis and glasses of wine I consumed daily, I don't know that it really balanced out. Gosh to be skinny again...
4 Things I did yesterday:
1. Continued my bedrest. Watched lots of shows and took a couple of naps. It was wonderful!
2. Went to a wedding where Steve was the Best Man last night. It brought back lots of memories from our own wedding almost 2 years ago, so that was nice.
3. Danced with Steve. Slow. Since I was technically supposed to be taking it easy, I only was able to slow dance. Kinda stinks--since I love to dance. I felt like I was back in 7th grade. LOL
4. Prayed that my embabies continue growing and developing. I want you guys to make it so badly!
4 Shows I love to watch:
1. Grey's Anatomy. Although Meredith is really starting to get on my nerves!
2. The Office. I love this show. Best comedy on TV IMO.
3. Brothers and Sisters. They are currently doing a great job with the IVF story.
4. Jon & Kate Plus 8. This show scares me, but I also find their kids to be very cute. :-)
4 Things I love to do:
1. Read. I don't get to do it as much as I would like. I look forward to summer time and vacations as I always get to read more at those times.
2. Walk outside with my dog, Sonny. He loves it and I like to do things for him that make him so happy. :-)
3. Talk to my family and friends. I love to talk. I'm a Gemini. It's my nature.
4. Remember others birthdays. I think it's so nice to be remembered on your day. Not a holiday. But your day. I think others appreciate me remembering.
This was a lot of fun!!
I tag (if you see this post and want to play): Emily, from "No Expectations Except a Baby"; Christi, from "Our Journey"; and Megan, from "Lawyers Do Not Eat Their Young".
Crispy Roasted Chickpeas
2 months ago