Lilypie

Friday, March 7, 2008

First photos!!

Well, the ET went well yesterday. We transferred 2 8-cell A+ embryos. It was probably one of the happiest days of my life. I had no idea what it was going to be like, but I was overtaken with emotion. It was so cool to be able to see our Dr. Awadalla actually put them into my uterus and we saw them both on U/S. My prayer is for them to stick soon. I'm trying to practice good visualization techniques right now.

Steve and I were both a little slap happy in the room. He was taking pics of Dr. A, the IVF nurse, me, equipment, etc.: a little out of control...Me? I actually sang them my favorite song while I was waiting on the table after the transfer. I hope they like music. :-)

Below is their first photo. We also have their little petri dish, too. I can't believe we got to keep these special keepsakes. We are already in love with both of them. I hope they both snuggle in for a 9 month nap.

Of the 13 remaining embryos, all are still dividing, although some more than others. Dr. A is allowing them to grow out to blastocyte stage. So, we will be freezing the ones that make it. We won't have a full report on them until Monday.

Now for the 2ww...any ideas to take my mind off of this craziness for the next two long weeks??

1 comment:

Ariella said...

They look great and I am glad the other 13 are doing well too!